There's a WHAT sticking out of that building?

Yeah, that's a WHALE! Ok, so not a real whale (talk about a beached whale, right?), but someone worked very hard to get a whale swimming through this wall. That is one of the reasons we were attracted to a restaurant. Who wouldn't want to eat here? Seriously, if you ask me if I like where we live, sure it's a small island, but you really can't beat this. Plus, there is almost always an ocean view.
When we first entered we had no idea it was a nice, as in closer on the side of fine dining, restaurant. Looks like a great place for dinner, but when we dropped in it was only about 1:30 pm, so a nice meal for lunch it would be. Some people do brunch on Sundays, we apparently do large, more upscale meals mid-day!
Gotta love the ocean decor.
Oh yes, even had dolphins hanging from the ceiling.
You can tell it's fancy when there are this many pieces of silverware on the table. They are also starting to use all 4 glasses they have (water, red wine, white wine and sparkling wine).
The meal begins with what is a spread of appetizers. You can turn it down, but they usually just bring this to the table and charge you for the couvert (per person charge). So they just keep bringing things out while you wait for your food. Trust me, no complaints here...
bread and fresh goat cheese...
little sausages (Ryan liked them), olives and butter...
Crispy wrapped up garlic shrimp...
and lastly was the garlic bread...

Then came the main course. Ryan and I both ordered the broiled cod, which was, as you can tell, very olive oily! It was fantastic. I loved that it came with chickpeas.
The cod was fantastic and I actually ate more than I thought I would.
Who could resist chocolate fondue for dessert? Not us!!!

with pineapple and bananas...
So yummy!

The end of a delicious meal. Next time we will go for dinner and enjoy some wine too.
QUESTIONS: Have you ever had fondue? What is your fave food to "chocolate cover"?

Stay tuned: Tomorrow I will post with some other weekend pictures.

Also, check out these great giveaways from some awesome bloggers out there:
1) Lucky Taste Buds is giving away The Ultimate Birthday Giveaway including a soda stream and some Krema peanut butter. This ends Nov 30th.
2)An Apple a Day is giving away $25 gift sertificate to the ECOstore so check out these great products too. Ends Nov 28th.
3)Melissa from Melissa Nibbles is giving away Newman's Own Products so make sure you stop by and enter this giveaway. Ends Nov 25th.

18 comments:

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Yum, the olives and the oily cod look delicious! I love chickpeas on meat, or fish, or at least pair with them.

I have never tried fondue, can you believe it? MY favorite food to eat with chocolate would have to be ice cream, boring. I Just have to have chocolate with my ice cream, as if it's not sweet enough!

I Just bought Dark Chocolate Dreams this weekend and I'm slightly addicted :)

Julie said...

HA! I love the whale coming out of the restaurant! That alone would have made me want to go in :)

There's this restaurant by me called The Melting Pot and it's ALL fondue...every single course...it's pretty gross haha like you dip your way through dinner. The dessert to me would be the best part and that chocolate fondue looks GREAT!

Astra Libris said...

The whale is SO cool!! Such a gorgeous meal, too, especially the chocolate fondue, of course! :-) I've only had chocolate fondue once before, and it was sooooo much fun... The pineapple was definitely my favorite thing to dip in the chocolate - it's the perfect mix of sweet and tart! :-)

Unknown said...

oooh that place looks nice! ca nu take me there?

i like chocolate covered pretzels, espresso beans, graham crackers and potato chips! YUM!!

kristen :) said...

Looks like a great experience, I love restaurants like that! having goat cheese with the bread is an awesome idea. I've never had fondue at a restaurant before, but I love covering strawberries and pretzels in chocolate :)
I would love to try your traditional Jewish foods :)

Beth said...

Oh, I want to eat at that restaurant! Goat cheese with bread instead of butter--sounds like my kind of place!

I don't do fondue very often (even though we have a pot) but I love chocolate dipped fruit and pretzels.

Melissa said...

What a cool restaurant! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with your main squeeze.

I've never had fondue. My crock pot came with a mini fondue maker. I keep saying I'm going to use it, but have yet to follow through on it. One of these days...

Melissa said...

Wow, LOVE the whale coming out the building. So quirky and fun.

I've never had fondue before. There are 2 fodnue restaurants in Boston so I should try to make a trip soon.

jenn said...

My kids would love to go to a restaurant with a whale coming out of the building!

Your meal looks great!

Jenn@ www.slim-shoppin.com

Anonymous said...

I love fondue! My favorite item to dip would be strawberries! They used to have a Melting Pot by my house which has all fondue but it recently closed. I got in one last time though. I want to try and make my own at some point.

The appetizers you guys had looked so yummy also. I just love goat cheese!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

That restaurant looks like so much fun! I haven't had chocolate fondue in years, but thank you very much - now I'd like some! I love it with bananas.

Anonymous said...

What a great restaurant! I love everything about it... I love to cover slightly sweet cookies with chocolate fondue...

Nicci said...

Cod looks delcious with the chickpeas, great dish. I fainlly had fondue on Friday...been a long time.

Holly said...

Totally dig on the decor (but it's dolphins, so you knew I'd love it). Good soft goat cheese with the bread looks/sounds great. In fact, this is a place where I'd fill up on those starters (and the dessert) and just take the main meal home for the next day.

Chocolate fondue favorites: Pound cake, sponge cake, Strawberries, raspberries, marshmallows, pineapple. Yum.

Unknown said...

that place looks fantastic! the cod does look oily, but so fresh too!! love the chickpeas atop it

I haven't ever had fondue at a restaurant I think! however I know that I would like any fruit dipped in there...or some graham crackers and make it like a smore??

Anonymous said...

What a fun restaurant! Whales coming out of the building and food you can play with! I have only had real fondue once. But I love bananas with chocolate. Sometimes I put a banana in chocolate pudding. Mmmm!

Pining for Pinterest said...

I love fondue! My favorite is with strawberries and pineapple. Your post made me very hungry :-)

Nutritious is Delicious said...

Massive cake? Count me in! :D

Love that cornbread! The added corn makes it that much better!

Post a Comment