Jorge and Harry

One reason why I love to eat at Jorge’s is because of the view.
 DSC06455
The is also good, simple, and traditional.
 DSC06456
 DSC06458
I usually get the abbrotea, but this time I selected the perch.  It was very good and I would order this again.  The abbrotea is breaded and fried, and even thought it is done very lightly, and I don’t eat it often, but the baked fish just sounded better that night.
 DSC06459
Ryan went with the steak served in the Portuguese style.
 DSC06460
As usual, coffee ended the meal.  I am glad I actually tried the coffee because I feel more like a local when I partake in their customs.
 DSC06461
Well, that was Jorge.  Now, meet Harry, as in Harry Potter.

People from the base created a walk through Harry Potter adventure.  They did an awesome job creating appropriate rooms and set ups, along with costumes and live actors.  Here are some pictures I took as we walked through.
 DSC06462
 DSC06463
 DSC06468
 DSC06470
 DSC06475
 DSC06487
 DSC06493
They did a fantastic job putting this together.  It was created in honor of the newest Harry Potter movie to be released.

QUESTIONS:  Did you read the Harry Potter books?  See the movies?

9 comments:

Beth said...

I've seen the HP movies but I haven't read the books. We are going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal when we're in Orlando at the end of the month!

Kristen (swanky dietitian) said...

How cute is that! I have seen all the movies and read half of the books. Don't ask me why I didn't read them all..I enjoyed the ones I did read.
I secretly want to check out the Harry Potter set up they did at Universal Studios.

FoodFitnessFreshair said...

That is an awesome view for a restaurant! Atmosphere definitely plays in when going to a restaurant. I love outdoor seating...especially with views like that one!

Mari said...

I never read or seen any of the potter books, I never got into that whole craze. But with that being said, I think would have enjoyed the tour...I love walking tours like that (esp horror houses)

Emily said...

Love that the meal ends in coffee. There is just something so nice and comforting about that!

The HP walkthrough is a fun idea! I can't wait to see the newest movie!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

I did see the first movie, but that's it. Either way, this is pretty cool! I just can't believe how popular the books and movie became, almost over night. It was definitely entertaining, but I just didn't get THAT into it I guess. I do have the first book at my house and I will read it one day with my kids :)

Shannon said...

I love the Harry Potter walk-through! What fun! Great stories.

I would love that restaurant...anywhere I can eat overlooking the water makes me happy :)

Jessie said...

Wow! I am really impressed with the HP walkthrough! They must have put a lot of work into it! I was a HUGE Harry Potter fan about 5 years ago, but have since moved on. I still have a soft spot for the books, though :)

A question for you, Melinda: I know you like coffee to finish your meals. Do you ever find drinking coffee keeps you up at night?

Melissa said...

Aww, so cute. Haha. I love Harry Potter. I've read all of the books! Such a great series for kids and kids at heart. ;)

Post a Comment