The 3 P’s

Pumpkin, Products and Party

As usual at this point in my life, I am entirely behind a week in my pictures and posts, so this is from Friday a week ago.

That night we had a surprise party for one of my coworkers.  I decided that pumpkin would be the best for a dish to bring, so I made a variation of this pumpkin bread.  How convenient that I already had some canned pumpkin in the house.
 DSC07180
DSC07181
I love my bread machine.
DSC07182
Usually it does a good job of mixing, but I have found some of the thicker sweet breads need a little help during the mixing process.
DSC07183
You can see that I did not get all the chunks out, but it was only a little flour on the top.
DSC07186
DSC07187
Then we headed to a local product expo.
DSC07188
Look at all the neat Azorean treats.
DSC07189
DSC07190
DSC07191
DSC07193
DSC07194
DSC07195
DSC07196
DSC07197
DSC07198
Mom, this picture is for you.  Timmerman’s is just like the Lambic’s.
DSC07199
DSC07200
Before we left, Ryan was hungry and got a giant taco salad from a street vendor.
 DSC07202
Then we got to the party.  I was so happy that my bread was still warm.

This is a lasagna made by my coworker, Carter, whose lovely wife, Nicole had worked on reheating this dish and explaining everything that was inside, including pine nuts and a layer of lentils and another with garlic mashed potatoes, in addition to your usual lasagna fillings.  All vegetarian, which made me so excited to try this.
DSC07204
After it was reheated, it was topped with tomatoes and basil.
DSC07210
Another coworker made this cake for the Birthday girl, Ann, who teaches band at the school, hence a cake shaped like a guitar.
DSC07206
This salsa, which is famous around our school, was made by one of the school’s Spanish teachers.
 DSC07209
Last, but not least, my pumpkin bread, which was a success.
 DSC07213
After a very exhausting night, and week since I was an Algebra sub for the whole week, we headed home to watch a movie and go to sleep.

QUESTIONS:  When was the last time you went to a surprise party?  Has anyone ever thrown you a surprise party?

4 comments:

Gina; The Candid RD said...

I love vegetable lasagna. It's so tasty. That's nice that you could eat that, as most of the time people LOVE meat in their lasagna.

Glad the pumpkin bread turned out! It sounds yummy. I've been loving pumpkin bread this fall.

I've actually been to several surprise parties in the past couple years. All of Nick's friends are turning 30!

Ameena said...

My hubby through me a surprise party right after we got married. Of course he can't keep a secret for the life of him so it wasn't a surprise at all. But I still appreciated the effort!

I wish you could send me your leftover pumpkin bread - it looks divine! And worth the inevitable gluten stomach ache.

Kasey said...

Wow that vegetable lasagna looks and sounds delicious! Your pumpkin bread also looks delicious! A bread machine is on my "want list".

I've been to a couple of surprise parties in the past.

Biz said...

Glad your pumpkin bread turned out - I actually love the idea of adding fresh basil and tomato to the top of the lasagna - I made some last night and that would have kicked it up a notch!

My brother actually threw me and my sister a 30th birthday party - we had no clue!

Hope you are having a great weekend! :D

Post a Comment