Ricotta Bread, From Scratch

While not an entire meal, and not entirely difficult, I will admit this was the only from scratch item I made last weekend.  No, not slacking, just busy.  But I couldn’t let the ricotta from my artichoke pasta go to waste, so I was super excited when I found this recipe.
 DSC07067
I got all my ingredients ready to go.  Then I just stared because I really wish I had more kitchen space.
DSC07068
This may have had some fat in it…
DSC07069
I added some oregano.
DSC07070
I put it in my bread machine, and in just 3.5 hours I had this beautiful loaf of bread.
 DSC07071
DSC07072
DSC07073
Mmm, this was delicious!  I loved that it was slightly sweet.
DSC07074
Have a great weekend everyone!

QUESTIONS: Did you make anything from scratch last weekend?  Do you have enough counter space?

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Haha! "May" have had some fats ... ;) Don't knock "just" making bread from scratch - that's not always easy! Especially trying a new recipe. I've never heard of ricotta bread, but I'll bet the final product was nice and moist from the ricotta. The bread is a nice way to use up that leftover ricotta (which I've let go bad more than once from lack of dishes to use it in).

I hear you on the lack of counter space - it's a perpetual plague for me and Peter. Although, I think we have more counter space than you (which is not saying much ;) ).

Have a great weekend!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Ricotta bread?! That's new to me! Sounds great.
I did some acorn squash and butternut squash soup from scratch a couple days ago. It turned out fabulous. And no, I do NOT have enough kitchen space, neither her nor at work :( boooo!

sophia said...

I'm planning to make my own pizza dough from scratch soon...already ordered the pizza pan and got the yeast! ;)

Your ricotta bread sounds AWESOME. I've never heard of it, but now I'm so curious to try it!

Post a Comment