Angra time…

Thursday we headed to Angra for a little shopping.  They are setting up the streets for Angrafest, which starts just as we are leaving.  I wish we had known about this, but we didn't so we will wind up missing this festival.  So far, all the set-up makes it look amazing.
 DSC03030
Lunch was at Kono Pizza, where we got pizzas and stuff in cones.  
 DSC03031
They make very tasty french fries.
 DSC03032
Joe had cheese pizza with black olives.
 DSC03033
My mom and I both had the smoked salmon and cream cheese cone.
 DSC03034
Then we walked around and looked at the decorations and all of the stores on the streets.
 DSC03035
As my mom and Joe got ready for dinner, Ryan and I stopped for a coffee.  I think this place is hilarious with the Elvis and Marilyn display.
 DSC03036
Dinner was at...Buzios...sorry, no lobster again.

They were looking for something lighter and they have salads at this place.  We started with olives.
 DSC03037
They also give garlic bread here because this is an Italian restaurant.
 DSC03038
We ordered 2 salads to split. 
DSC03039
I enjoyed the eggplant parmesan.  Ryan did too because we love this dish.
DSC03040
Joe had pasta with arribiata sauce.
DSC03041
My mom had this amazing shrimp pasta.
DSC03042
You really can't go wrong with a view like this.  Outside of Buzio's is another natural swimming hole.
DSC03044
For dessert we splurged on the bananas foster.
DSC03045
After dinner we headed to a cafe/bar for a coffee drink and just to hang out because it is nice at night by the ocean.  This place is called Mar a Mesa and they have really fun decor.
DSC03046
Here I am, super tired, but still with a smile on my face!
DSC03049
QUESTIONS:  What is your favorite pasta dish?  Are you planning to go to the ocean this summer?

5 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Glad you are having a great time! I love gnocchi (I know, it's not really pasta). And yes, I hope we'll get to head to the ocean several times this summer. Have fun in Lisbon! :)

Emily said...

So fun that everything comes in cones at Kono Pizza, and the bananas foster looks amazing! I'm not a huge pasta fan, but I like anything with pesto on top.

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Sounds like a good time!
I love eggplant parmesan, but my favorite pasta dish is definitely lasagna.
Sadly we don't have any ocean plans for this summer, just plans to spruce up our house!

Astra Libris said...

Sounds like such a glorious time! I love how everything comes in cones at Kono - too cute!! I love eggplant Parmesan - it's one of my favorites!

Unknown said...

oh haha, i am @ the ocean right now :) that food looks really good and not I am hungry! my favorite pasta is anything with red sauce and possibly seafood w/ lots of garlic. mmm.

Post a Comment