Keep up with weekly meals

You heard me right.  I am keeping with it.  This week I might be slacking because of Thanksgiving, but I was cooking for the occasion, and not for dinner at my own house.  Last week though, I made two fabulous meals.  I think Ryan is getting a little spoiled, but I am having fun in the kitchen so I think that is OK.

First up was this fall vegetable curry that I found in Cooking Light Magazine.
 DSC07548
I loved the thought of this recipe because not only is it fall, but these colors are so warm and inviting for this time of year.  Plus, the ingredients are jam packed with nutrients.
DSC07551
DSC07552
Everything in the pan and ready to go.
DSC07553
Then I got a little funky.  I used this lower sodium salt, that contains less sodium salt and more potassium salt.  I would say this worked well.  The dish tasted good and I could not tell if this even had any real effect or not.  I picked this up at FNCE and this was the first chance I had to experiment.
DSC07554
The rice picture is blurry, but this is basmati rice with cashews added.
DSC07557
Here is the lovely finished product.  It was so good and the leftovers made for awesome lunches.
DSC07561
Then on Thursday night I decided to go with a fish dish. 
 DSC07574
Don’t get mad, but I used frozen.  It is just easier at home because it is already cleaned.
DSC07575
I used the plastic bag trick for marinating the fish.
DSC07576
Then I got started on my sides.  First up were homemade baked fries.
DSC07578
I used regular baking potatoes, red potatoes and sweet potatoes.  Basically I grabbed a little of each available potato variety.
DSC07580 DSC07581
I also did steamed broccoli and cauliflower.  The cauliflower was a must because I had tons left over from the veggie curry.
DSC07579
Once the veggies and fries were going I tossed the fish on the grill pan.
DSC07582
It was smooth sailing from there and I had a very colorful and nutritious dish for dinner.
DSC07585
QUESTIONS:  Do you like curry?  What is your favorite fall vegetable?

5 comments:

Astra Libris said...

I love curry!!! Yours looks so gorgeous with all the colorful fall veggies! Cooking Light mag rocks... :-)

*whispering* It's OK, I use frozen fish too... ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving!! :-)

Unknown said...

oooh yes, looooove curry. i think butter nut squash is my fave fall veggie...i like sweet potato too!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I LOVE curry! Your veggie curry looks and sounds great!!

Favorite fall veggie? There are so many: pumpkin, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, sweet potatoes...

Simply Life said...

Looks like some great meals! I love curry!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

I love curry!! I never do curry in the kitchen though, because Nick doesn't like it. I think if I made it more, however he would grow to like it. My friend, Smita, does the BEST curry, and Nick actually ate hers once and loved it :)

Good for you for keeping up on the cooking this week! Ryan is a lucky guy!

Post a Comment