R is for Random

From time to time the random pictures just pile up.  Then there comes a point when you have to just post them or hit the delete button.  I decided today that I just need to post these pictures.  So today's post is brought to you by the letter R, which on most days stands for Rachel (my sister) but today stands for Random!

I took this picture just before Easter.  I am Jewish, so this might just be an Easter thing, but I have never seen hard boiled eggs baked in to a loaf of bread.  They were selling these at the local grocery store.
I also took a picture of their bakery area.  I love the abundance of good, fresh baked bread.
The other weekend, Ryan and I were getting ready to go out.  But, we were met with some resistance.  There was a marching band passing by out front.  Instead, we watched the parade of band members stream by.  Then we were free to go since we were going to be heading in the opposite direction.
My favorite combo, well minus the chocolate, which I usually like to have with my banana and PB.  Sometimes, for an afternoon snack, I will grab a banana and stick some PB on it.  So good!
This was an interesting frozen dessert I found in the commissary.  There was 160 calories in this cup and it was a decent size (I think 6 oz when an actual portion of ice cream is a 4 oz scoop)
I would have to say this product was only so-so.  I think it may have been better with vanilla ice cream and strawberries instead of strawberry on strawberry, which after a while tasted too artificial.  I think I will stick to my vanilla fro-yo with my frozen berries added or PB.
I picked up some potabellas recently and decided to make some pita sandwiches with them.
I added some peppers.
A little oil and then balsamic, with a little olive mustard for additional flavor.
Then I had myself a nice veggie sandwich for lunch.  I used a whole wheat pita.  These are great.  One half of the pita contains 4 grams of fiber.

Well, I liked it so much, that the next day I made this again, but I added some Morningstar Farms soy crumbles to it for some additional protein.
Again, I stuffed this into the pita.  Whatever did not fit, I ate by itself.  No way this was going to waste.
Some days if I am at work all day, I will stop by the commissary to pick up lunch.  If I know i am working all day, I usually pack, but on occasion, I find myself needing to buy lunch.  They never have any lower fat options for dressing, so instead, I opted for this.  I had cucumbers, carrots and tomatoes, which I planned to eat plain, like a raw veggie platter.  At the last minute, I changed my mind and added some shredded cheese, which became my dressing.  Ok, not low fat, but better than some of those dressings.
Another day I needed lunch, so I went to the club on base and visited the buffet.  the reason I like this buffet is because it is the only place with a self-serve salad bar (other than the commissary) and they also have a baked potato bar.  Here was my salad.
Here was my entree.  It was Asian food day, so I had some rice and mixed veggies.  I also had a very tasty roll.  As usual, I put more food on my plate than I can eat.  I think that is why I like buffets.  i never have to really make a choice and I can put all kinds of foods there and decide as I go.
One night for dinner Ryan and I had a craving for breakfast.  He was on pancake duty and I made some scrambled eggs.  I brought back this target brand pancake mix from the States.  It was pretty good.
I whipped up some eggs.
Ryan is the master griddler.
Perfect looking pancakes!
Not too bad on the eggs either.
This was a super treat for us.  My mom was down at the shore and bought us some fudge.  I do not know how she did it, but this package took 6 days to get to us.  That is amazing as the average is about 10 days.  Normally it is 10-14 days because packages only come on the weekends.
Here is our pound of fudge.  It was so good, and such as treat.  I think we avoid fudge because we know we will over do it.
Last up, my replacement Chocbite bar came in the mail.  This time it is pistachios and sprinkles, which is not excatly what we ordered, but as this was a replacement bar for the last one, I can't complain and I am sure it will taste good.  That is the nice thing about chocbite, it all tastes good.  they have some many toppings and you can mix and match.  Because we had the fudge, we have not yet broken into this bar, but I am sure we will this week.
Thanks everyone for reading my randoms.

QUESTION:  What does the letter R stand for for you today?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I like random posts :) Its amazing how quickly pictures build up. I just had to go through and delete a lot!

The fudge looks so good!

Sook said...

R for REST for me!!! :)

Post a Comment