Buffet Style

I am just getting ready to head out of town, back to the states, and so I thought I would share some pictures I have left over that I have not posted yet.  As I am busy cooking for a dinner tonight (pics to come), I will keep this short.
I love when I get to meet up with Ryan for lunch.  We usually head to the club for a buffet style lunch.  most of the time I do salad bar and the baked potato bar:
I love to add chick peas and eggs to my salad for protein.  I also love when there are olives available.  I guess it can be hit or miss on the goodies, but overall I am happy with the selection.
This is from my grad class.  We each sign up for a night and bring food in for dinner, so it is sorta like buffet style.  I only took pictures of this meal, and then one dessert.
This was awesome.  No, not mint, because she knows I am allergic to it, so it is just food coloring.  This is brownie mix made extra thick so it bakes into a cookie, and the filling is cream  cheese with powdered sugar and I think maybe she said butter, and then it was frozen and cut in half.  So good!  I am sure so bad for you too, but everything in moderation, right? 
Ok, I am off to the kitchen, before I burn something down.

Don't forget to enter my Krema PB giveaway.  It ends tonight.

QUESTION:  What do you like to pile on your salads?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that dessert looks delicious..and deadly. I love brownies!!! Have a great weekend!

Nicole, RD said...

Where are you headed to in the states? Safe travels!

On salads I love everything, but hard boiled egg, cold peas, and cheese are my favorites!

Beth said...

I'll hope for warm weather here in charm city, but it's freeezing today! last night it was 70, now it's 40 :-(

I'm sort of weird with salads. I like cheese (goat) or walnuts, but if I'm going to eat chickpeas I'll just have them in a bowl on the side. Always croutons though.

Mari said...

Have a safe flight love!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Have a safe trip!

I like to add lots of things to my salad! :) Some of my favorites are beans for protein, tomatoes, cilantro, pumpkin seeds, and blue cheese.

Unknown said...

i love a good salad! hummm...definitely red leaf lettuce and feta...gotta have feta. almonds, dried cranberries, mandarin oranges...maybe some chicken. now I'm hungry! See ya Sunday!

Sook said...

I love fresh cucumbers, carrots, and sometimes hardboiled eggs in my salad. :)

Shannon, Tropical Eats said...

ok wowza that dessert looks AWESOME.

i love tomatos, bacon bits, dried cranberries, cucumber, banana peppers, black olives, and pickles. yum yum

Emily said...

i wish my grad class would take turns bringing in dinner! we meet from 5-6:30 right after rotations for the day, and i am always sooo hungry the whole time!

Post a Comment