My Own Personal Waterfall

I've always dreamed of my own personal waterfall, you know, like in my yard, maybe into a pond with some fish, maybe a little bridge.

Well, I got myself a waterfall, but not THAT kind!

It all started about 2 weeks ago when we heard the sound of rushing water, but couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  Then we discovered it was behind the tub.  Normally leaks are easily fixable with the right plumber, but in this case, well, it was not so easy.

Let's start with the bath tub.  I tried to find a picture from before the whole thing started,  but I couldn't find one.  My landlord came over right away, which was super nice.  He started to remove the tile to see if he was able to see the leak.  What he found was concrete.

DSC02612
Well, with concrete surrounding the tub, this was going to be a major project.

The landlord called a plumber/bathroom fixer and he was here all day Saturday doing this.  It is still hard for me to look at these pictures.  Heck, the man hasn't even finished yet.  He was supposed to be here last week to grout the tiles, but we haven't heard from him, so we are calling the landlord to straighten this out.  I was waiting until it was done to post these pictures, but I think I gave up.

Here we go:
DSC02622
Here is the waterfall, I mean leak.  Look closely, it's there.
 DSC02623
The tub used to be here.
 DSC02624
Now it is fit back in place.
 DSC02625
Then concreted back in.
 DSC02630
Then tiled back together.
 DSC02719
You can see the extensive mess that was left behind.  It was a pain to clean though and Ryan was the one with this awful chore.  He did it while I was at school.  There is still dust in some hard to reach places.
 DSC02720

 DSC02721
I will post a picture of the finished product as soon as it is finished.

QUESTIONS:  Have you ever had to fix something major in your home?  Any remodeling plans for your home?

7 comments:

Mari said...

OMG I feel your pain! I remember when I had a horrible HORRIBLE leak in my old apartment from the apartment above me...the whole ceiling caved in.

good luck! =)

sophia said...

OMg that is my WORST nightmare! The bathroom busting on me! Oh God, I do not want to be in your situation right now! I hope it gets repaired without any delays soon!

Shannon said...

Oh no! What a mess! This is my greatest fear....I have never owned my own home and now that we have bought a home and are moving in next month I am so afraid for the first major malfunction that we have to fix!

Emily said...

Ahh, oh no! Hope everything get cleaned up quickly so your bathroom becomes functional again.

FoodFitnessFreshair said...

Oh no! Hopefully a beautiful backyard waterfall is next! My family remodeled the kitchen a couple years ago, and boy has it made a big difference. But definitely a lot of work and huge mess at first.

Erin at The Healthy Apron said...

OMG! yikes!! In instances like this, I am happy that we dont yet own a home and are still renting. I am not very handy!!

Holly said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/konamouse/sets/72157605785411055/

Summer 2008 redid a bunch of stuff in side the house while Ray was in Afghanistan. He came home to a "new" house.

Post a Comment